Note - At times, email confirmations coming from zoom are delayed.
Please register early, hours or days ahead of time to ensure you have received the sign in confirmation email in time for the satsang.
Also, check your Spam or Junk folder for the confirmation email.
Join Online Satsangs
1. Download Zoom onto your device.
2. Go to the Gurpreetji.ca home page.
3. Scroll to ‘Online Satsang Registration’.
4. Click on the link or links of the satsangs you would like to join.
5. Fill out the Webinar Registration and payment information.
6. If others are watching the Online Satsangs with you, please pay for their attendance by clicking the ‘Pay for Additional Viewers’ button and follow the same Paypal prompts.
7. A confirmation link for each purchased webinar will be sent to your email inbox.
8. Click on ‘Click Here To Join’ up to 1/2 an hour before the scheduled time of the webinar from your Gurpreetji Online Satsang Confirmation email.
Device Position During a connection
1. Position your device so that your camera is at eye level. This may require that you prop up your device on a stable surface using books, or any prop that you have available.
2. Position yourself and your device so that you are centered in the middle of the screen and your head is at the top of your screen. Please sit close to your device, a good reference point is your head and shoulders are visible.
3. If using a mobile device, ipad, tablet or mobile phone, rotate it so that the camera is at the top of your device in portrait or vertical position (not in landscape/horizontal position). While having a connection, place your device on a stable surface such as a table or desk. Please do not hold your device or have it sitting on your lap.
4. Sit in a well lit, quiet room with the light in front of you and not behind you. If you are sitting in front of a window or have a light on behind you, you will be back lit which makes it hard to see you.
Microphone and Earbud/phone Connection
1. For best sound quality use earbuds or earphones with a microphone. Please make sure your microphone and speakers are connected to your earbuds or earphones in zoom.
2. Check Connection: While in zoom, go to the microphone icon at the bottom left corner of your screen. Click on the little arrow beside the microphone and scroll to the bottom of the dropdown list to audio settings. A new window will pop up and you will see speakers and microphone. There is a drop down menu field for each. Please click the dropdown and make sure you have selected the earbuds/phones you are using.
3. You will also see a ‘Test’ button for both the speakers and microphone that you are connected to. Please click the test button to ensure that you are connected properly. The sound should be heard through your earbuds/phones not through the speakers on your device.
Having A Connection
If you would like a connection with Gurpreetji:
- Sign on a 1/2 hour before the satsang begins and raise your hand by clicking the hand icon at the top or bottom of your screen.
- The names of the people with their hands raised are sent to Gurpreetji 15 minutes before the satsang begins.
- Names selected by Gurpreetji will be announced approximately 10 minutes prior to the beginning of each satsang.
- Names selected during one satsang will carry over to the next.
Names Already Selected For A Connection:
- Names already selected are sent to Gurpreetji 15 minutes before the satsang begins.
- To ensure that you have been added to the connection order queue you need to be signed in and have your hand raised before the list is sent to Gurpreetji. (at least 20 minutes early)
Daily Connection Queue:
- You will be brought into the panelist side when you have been added to the connection queue for that satsang.
- You will be prompted to turn on your video and microphone when it is your turn.
- Please do not turn your camera and microphone on before you are invited to do so.
Note: All of the connections are audio recorded and can be accessed in ‘Retreat Recordings’ (with subscription) on the gurpreetji.ca website.
The following suggestions may be helpful to ensure a stable internet connection.
1. Shut off your cell phones, web browsers, email accounts, facebook, youtube, Netflix, Fire Stick, any live or on demand streaming, etc on your device or other devices in your home.
2. Try to limit the number of devices you are using to join the webinar. Two people in a house with two devices may interfere with the connection for your home.
3. If others in your home are using internet this will also be taking up bandwidth and may slow your connections for the webinar.
4. If your internet connection is really poor, you can contact your internet service provider, Shaw, Telus, Rogers, etc and upgrade your internet speed. This will cost extra but may be worth it to have a more stable connection.